- Read holiday bedtime stories.
- Have your child read the grocery list as you shop for your holiday meal.
- Bake holiday treats together and have your child read the recipe.
- Get excited to visit the library.
- Play board games and have your child read the cards.
- Don’t leave home without it! Always have reading materials available to read in the car or at appointments.
- Once is not enough. Re-read favorite stories to help build fluency, speed and accuracy.
- Dig Deeper! Ask your child questions about what they just read.
- Be patient, correct gently and praise with enthusiasm.